Julian Post is an environmental studies student at the University of Vermont. He has worked at a renewable energy co-op in Greenfield, Mass., which organizes and pools member capital to start renewable energy products. He is a member of the Forest Crimes Unit, a college organization that successfully lobbied the university to switch its custodial paper contract to sustainable, post-consumer product, among other things. Julian’s major interests are energy and agriculture. In highschool, he produced and taught others how to make biodiesel. When he is not showing others how to ween themselves off of fossil fuels, Julian competes as a member of the UVM freestyle ski team. This summer, he hopes to have his own vegetable garden.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to help stray animals survive the winter
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Why is it so hard to walk and not spill your coffee? Physicists have the answer
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- Wolf traveled more than 450 miles to Grand Canyon
- What your sleep position says about you