Julian Post is an environmental studies student at the University of Vermont. He has worked at a renewable energy co-op in Greenfield, Mass., which organizes and pools member capital to start renewable energy products. He is a member of the Forest Crimes Unit, a college organization that successfully lobbied the university to switch its custodial paper contract to sustainable, post-consumer product, among other things. Julian’s major interests are energy and agriculture. In highschool, he produced and taught others how to make biodiesel. When he is not showing others how to ween themselves off of fossil fuels, Julian competes as a member of the UVM freestyle ski team. This summer, he hopes to have his own vegetable garden.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Living cheap is the new green
- What is mindfulness?
- What if we could create energy the way nature does?
- Catch dahlia fever! 12 incredible floats from the world's biggest all-volunteer flower parade
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth