Julian Post is an environmental studies student at the University of Vermont. He has worked at a renewable energy co-op in Greenfield, Mass., which organizes and pools member capital to start renewable energy products. He is a member of the Forest Crimes Unit, a college organization that successfully lobbied the university to switch its custodial paper contract to sustainable, post-consumer product, among other things. Julian’s major interests are energy and agriculture. In highschool, he produced and taught others how to make biodiesel. When he is not showing others how to ween themselves off of fossil fuels, Julian competes as a member of the UVM freestyle ski team. This summer, he hopes to have his own vegetable garden.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 5 elderly women take care of 1,300 stray dogs in China
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life