John Tilton is a junior at the University of New Hampshire where he is majoring in journalism and earning a minor in political science. Last summer he worked as a Lake Steward with the Lake Champlain Basin Program, raising awareness about water quality and the hazards of invasive species in the Champlain Basin. He has also worked as a Resource Room Intern at the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center teaching kids about the environment they live in. John is a regular contributor to The New Hampshire, the University of New Hampshire's student newspaper, and enjoys skiing and scuba diving.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- 22 surprising uses for turmeric
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why is it so hard to walk and not spill your coffee? Physicists have the answer
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'