John Tilton is a junior at the University of New Hampshire where he is majoring in journalism and earning a minor in political science. Last summer he worked as a Lake Steward with the Lake Champlain Basin Program, raising awareness about water quality and the hazards of invasive species in the Champlain Basin. He has also worked as a Resource Room Intern at the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center teaching kids about the environment they live in. John is a regular contributor to The New Hampshire, the University of New Hampshire's student newspaper, and enjoys skiing and scuba diving.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guns really do change the way you think
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Alpine cable car is converted into high altitude Airbnb listing
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 'Cinderella' tiger orphan returns to wild, meets prince
- I heart the Fitbit Charge HR, and here's why
- Lifehacker extraordinaire Dave Hax shares his secrets