John Tilton is a junior at the University of New Hampshire where he is majoring in journalism and earning a minor in political science. Last summer he worked as a Lake Steward with the Lake Champlain Basin Program, raising awareness about water quality and the hazards of invasive species in the Champlain Basin. He has also worked as a Resource Room Intern at the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center teaching kids about the environment they live in. John is a regular contributor to The New Hampshire, the University of New Hampshire's student newspaper, and enjoys skiing and scuba diving.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Marmot photobombs time-lapse video, licks camera
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- Top 10 environmental scholarships