John Tilton is a junior at the University of New Hampshire where he is majoring in journalism and earning a minor in political science. Last summer he worked as a Lake Steward with the Lake Champlain Basin Program, raising awareness about water quality and the hazards of invasive species in the Champlain Basin. He has also worked as a Resource Room Intern at the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center teaching kids about the environment they live in. John is a regular contributor to The New Hampshire, the University of New Hampshire's student newspaper, and enjoys skiing and scuba diving.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- How to hike with your cat
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Infographic: What's your state good at?
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Should we make spelling easier?