John Tilton is a junior at the University of New Hampshire where he is majoring in journalism and earning a minor in political science. Last summer he worked as a Lake Steward with the Lake Champlain Basin Program, raising awareness about water quality and the hazards of invasive species in the Champlain Basin. He has also worked as a Resource Room Intern at the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center teaching kids about the environment they live in. John is a regular contributor to The New Hampshire, the University of New Hampshire's student newspaper, and enjoys skiing and scuba diving.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your blood type says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What to pack for a hike: 10 essential items
- How a viable nuclear fusion reactor really could change the world
- Can’t afford a $250 Sonic Decanter? There are other ways to improve a bottle
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 12 recipes to elevate spinach to best-friend status
- 10 natural cough remedies
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters