Jaimee Topkin is a senior in high school in New London, Connecticut. Jaimee is deeply committed to her environmental club, SOAP (Students. Organized. Against. Pollution), which she started in her community. In 2004, Jaimee attended the TUNZA International Children’s Conference on the Environment; in 2005, she attended the Children’s World Summit on the Environment. Jaimee was also chosen as a Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador in 2007 and 2008. She is currently waiting to hear from colleges about admission and hopes to study environmental science and marine biology in fall 2009.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How to hike with your cat