Jaimee Topkin is a senior in high school in New London, Connecticut. Jaimee is deeply committed to her environmental club, SOAP (Students. Organized. Against. Pollution), which she started in her community. In 2004, Jaimee attended the TUNZA International Children’s Conference on the Environment; in 2005, she attended the Children’s World Summit on the Environment. Jaimee was also chosen as a Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador in 2007 and 2008. She is currently waiting to hear from colleges about admission and hopes to study environmental science and marine biology in fall 2009.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Scientists successfully generate gasoline out of thin air
- 25 quotes that will rekindle your connection to nature
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 'Cinderella' tiger orphan returns to wild, meets prince
- Drink beer. It's good for your brain