Jaimee Topkin is a senior in high school in New London, Connecticut. Jaimee is deeply committed to her environmental club, SOAP (Students. Organized. Against. Pollution), which she started in her community. In 2004, Jaimee attended the TUNZA International Children’s Conference on the Environment; in 2005, she attended the Children’s World Summit on the Environment. Jaimee was also chosen as a Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador in 2007 and 2008. She is currently waiting to hear from colleges about admission and hopes to study environmental science and marine biology in fall 2009.
Jaimee's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Quiet Treehouse: A sylvan escape that battles noise pollution
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Tips for cooling off this summer
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- 10 fruits you can grill
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail