Jaimee Topkin is a senior in high school in New London, Connecticut. Jaimee is deeply committed to her environmental club, SOAP (Students. Organized. Against. Pollution), which she started in her community. In 2004, Jaimee attended the TUNZA International Children’s Conference on the Environment; in 2005, she attended the Children’s World Summit on the Environment. Jaimee was also chosen as a Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador in 2007 and 2008. She is currently waiting to hear from colleges about admission and hopes to study environmental science and marine biology in fall 2009.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 natural cough remedies
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff