Jaimee Topkin is a senior in high school in New London, Connecticut. Jaimee is deeply committed to her environmental club, SOAP (Students. Organized. Against. Pollution), which she started in her community. In 2004, Jaimee attended the TUNZA International Children’s Conference on the Environment; in 2005, she attended the Children’s World Summit on the Environment. Jaimee was also chosen as a Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador in 2007 and 2008. She is currently waiting to hear from colleges about admission and hopes to study environmental science and marine biology in fall 2009.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- Can you match the footprints to the animal? MNN quiz
- Dog-friendly beaches: Coastal canines
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth