Jaimee Topkin is a senior in high school in New London, Connecticut. Jaimee is deeply committed to her environmental club, SOAP (Students. Organized. Against. Pollution), which she started in her community. In 2004, Jaimee attended the TUNZA International Children’s Conference on the Environment; in 2005, she attended the Children’s World Summit on the Environment. Jaimee was also chosen as a Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador in 2007 and 2008. She is currently waiting to hear from colleges about admission and hopes to study environmental science and marine biology in fall 2009.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 12 inspiring examples of macro flower photography
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What is 'Mobilegeddon,' and how will it affect me?
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- Worms are falling from the skies over Norway