Jaimee Topkin is a senior in high school in New London, Connecticut. Jaimee is deeply committed to her environmental club, SOAP (Students. Organized. Against. Pollution), which she started in her community. In 2004, Jaimee attended the TUNZA International Children’s Conference on the Environment; in 2005, she attended the Children’s World Summit on the Environment. Jaimee was also chosen as a Weather Channel Eco-Ambassador in 2007 and 2008. She is currently waiting to hear from colleges about admission and hopes to study environmental science and marine biology in fall 2009.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 5 businesses embracing the cargo bike
- The experts' secrets to getting organized
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth