After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
Karl's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Tips for cooling off this summer
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 8 acts of kindness to animals that will restore your faith in humanity
- 10 fruits you can grill
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 recipes for beets that celebrate this colorful superfood
- What's cuter than a panda on a slide? 4 of them
- How to clean brass naturally