After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a walk through time
- The scientific trick to healthy happiness
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 5 facts about Cinco de Mayo
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- Underwater volcano may be erupting off Oregon
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects