After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How one small town became the 'Lavender Capital of North America'
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 5 brilliant mathematicians and their impact on the modern world
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What a funky bike can teach us about how we learn
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared