After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- How to master the art of flower photography
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What was the Dancing Plague of 1518?
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Shelter cat makes perfect rock-climbing partner
- IKEA's 'Better Shelter' refugee housing units heading to Iraq
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen