After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- What is mindfulness?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Living cheap is the new green
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be