After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Ancient stone circles in Mideast baffle archaeologists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Underwater 'lump' may be wreckage from Amelia Earhart's plane
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- Homeowner's lawn-to-garden transformation yields more than just vegetables
- Tiny jumping spiders dance like there's no tomorrow
- 30 hearty soup recipes for fall and winter
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux