After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- 10 of the hottest places on Earth: Sizzling
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 80% of sunscreens are useless or harmful, says EWG
- Egg-shaped hideaway gives whole new meaning to 'escape pod'
- The 10 scariest roller coasters in the world