After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 tips for kicking the refined sugar habit
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- How to survive a bear attack
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux