After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Take a walk through a floating flower garden
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How to put out a fire using nothing but sound