After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 5 facts about Cinco de Mayo
- How millennials are influencing restaurant design
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 'Small is Beautiful' casts honest, often heartbreaking light on tiny house movement
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate
- Everest climber captured in viral video was on a vegan mission
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared