After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- Break out the sheepskin: Study finds babies who sleep on animal skins are less likely to develop ast
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Recipe: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- Watch a robot cheetah run and jump like a cat
- Why mindfulness? A case for detached awareness
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth