After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- 5 unusual ways to keep your house warm
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why are some people colder than others?
- We've been splitting wood all wrong
- How to give a cat a pill
- 10 tear-jerking reunions between soldiers and their dogs