After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- Judge says banned service dog can go back to school
- How to fix 7 hardwood floor problems
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.