After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 17 surprisingly real animals
- Dad starts online petition to solve baby name dispute
- Guarding the last male northern white rhino on Earth
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth