After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Meet 2014's top 10 cutest animals in science
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- Take the ultimate Christmas quiz
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Stovetop Potpourri
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 'Dr. Oz' is wrong more than half the time, study finds