After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- How olives changed the world
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- The surprising reason why morning walks can help you lose weight
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- How to get rid of wasps naturally