After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Is going 'off-grid' a good idea?
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- Forest bathing: Take a dip in these serene forests
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- What your blood type says about you