After receiving a masters in architecture, Karl earned a LEED certification and created one of the green building industry's first web-based design tools, the GreenMatrix, later adopted in California by the county of Alameda. Realizing the power of the web to illuminate the complex world of "green" he helped launch several websites including EVO.com, developed a variety of social network widgets, and lectured internationally on the subject of digital media, technology and the environment. Karl has his own blog called Greendig: real dirt on the environment, and he consults with both nonprofits and corporations. His goal -- to leverage the power of the internet to bring about a new age of solar-powered enlightenment, one in which people and nature happily coexist.
Read Karl's MNN Technology blog.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- When are you supposed to tip?
- The diet Whoopi Goldberg embraced to lose 35 pounds
- 10 dream homes for hermits: Hidden havens
- Take a virtual tour of autumn's most spectacular avenue, the Blue Ridge Parkway
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living