Karla is a young-at-heart grandmother committed to a better Earth for her grandchildren. For more than 25 years she has taught children the wonder of nature through nature study journaling. She is the author of O Canada! Her Story, Sacagawea, Jacques Cartier, The Pastor's Wife Wears Biker Boots (to be released in fall 2013) and several other novels. Karla makes her home in northeast Indiana where she enjoys riding her motorcycle through Salamonie Forest and the surrounding areas.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- De-icing dilemma: Do streets need salt?
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.