Karla is a young-at-heart grandmother committed to a better Earth for her grandchildren. For more than 25 years she has taught children the wonder of nature through nature study journaling. She is the author of O Canada! Her Story, Sacagawea, Jacques Cartier, The Pastor's Wife Wears Biker Boots (to be released in fall 2013) and several other novels. Karla makes her home in northeast Indiana where she enjoys riding her motorcycle through Salamonie Forest and the surrounding areas.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 3 DIY wines you can make at home