Katherine Bailey is an alumna of College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor, Maine, and is currently a senior environmental science major at Nazareth College of Rochester. She is the founder of the Nazareth Academy Environmental Club, a group that has successfully raised enough money to install living green walls in the gardens of her high school. Her past endeavors include three coastal clean-ups during which she and the crew collected over 600 pounds of litter on the shore of the pond on Long Pond Road in Rochester, N.Y. She is a 2007 Eco-ambassador and attended the Forecast Earth Summit sponsored by The Weather Channel. A member of the Conservation Advisory Board in the Town of Gates, N.Y., Katherine strives to protect the vanishing wilderness and to keep her hometown clean and green. She is currently in the process of writing a fiction novel about environmental issues with her friend.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Should you cut out swearing in front of animals?
- Morgan Freeman is now a beekeeper
- Does happiness have a scent?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- '3 Scientists Walk Into A Bar' sounds like a joke, but it’s really a new show on the Weather Channel