Katherine Bailey is an alumna of College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor, Maine, and is currently a senior environmental science major at Nazareth College of Rochester. She is the founder of the Nazareth Academy Environmental Club, a group that has successfully raised enough money to install living green walls in the gardens of her high school. Her past endeavors include three coastal clean-ups during which she and the crew collected over 600 pounds of litter on the shore of the pond on Long Pond Road in Rochester, N.Y. She is a 2007 Eco-ambassador and attended the Forecast Earth Summit sponsored by The Weather Channel. A member of the Conservation Advisory Board in the Town of Gates, N.Y., Katherine strives to protect the vanishing wilderness and to keep her hometown clean and green. She is currently in the process of writing a fiction novel about environmental issues with her friend.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What your blood type says about you