Katherine Bailey is an alumna of College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor, Maine, and is currently a senior environmental science major at Nazareth College of Rochester. She is the founder of the Nazareth Academy Environmental Club, a group that has successfully raised enough money to install living green walls in the gardens of her high school. Her past endeavors include three coastal clean-ups during which she and the crew collected over 600 pounds of litter on the shore of the pond on Long Pond Road in Rochester, N.Y. She is a 2007 Eco-ambassador and attended the Forecast Earth Summit sponsored by The Weather Channel. A member of the Conservation Advisory Board in the Town of Gates, N.Y., Katherine strives to protect the vanishing wilderness and to keep her hometown clean and green. She is currently in the process of writing a fiction novel about environmental issues with her friend.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Real-life cookie monsters steal Girl Scout cookies
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother