Kate is a junior at the University of Colorado in Boulder, majoring in English with minors in math and astronomy. Ever since arriving in Boulder, she has become increasingly interested in environmental issues and she believes spreading public awareness of current green concerns is the most important step towards positive, tangible change. Kate volunteers at a local farm called Beyond Organic Farms and hopes to become more involved in the local food movement, among other things. Outside of school, she's a member of the CU Triathlon Team, the CU Women's Rugby Team and a few of her hobbies include reading, writing, hiking and dancing. After graduation, Kate hopes to join the Peace Corps environmental program.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Jump in the pool (and giggle uncontrollably) with 'Underwater Dogs'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- How much can a 2,000-mile hike on the Appalachian Trail change a man? Take a look
- 5 diseases more worrisome than Ebola
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 8 men taking a stand against domestic violence
- 12 fascinating facts about apes and monkeys