Kate is a junior at the University of Colorado in Boulder, majoring in English with minors in math and astronomy. Ever since arriving in Boulder, she has become increasingly interested in environmental issues and she believes spreading public awareness of current green concerns is the most important step towards positive, tangible change. Kate volunteers at a local farm called Beyond Organic Farms and hopes to become more involved in the local food movement, among other things. Outside of school, she's a member of the CU Triathlon Team, the CU Women's Rugby Team and a few of her hobbies include reading, writing, hiking and dancing. After graduation, Kate hopes to join the Peace Corps environmental program.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters
- 5 sadly common reasons people fall out of love
- Watch: A forest year
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Edible plants you can find in the wild (or your backyard)
- Watch Wounda the chimpanzee hug Jane Goodall after being released into the wild