Kate is a junior at the University of Colorado in Boulder, majoring in English with minors in math and astronomy. Ever since arriving in Boulder, she has become increasingly interested in environmental issues and she believes spreading public awareness of current green concerns is the most important step towards positive, tangible change. Kate volunteers at a local farm called Beyond Organic Farms and hopes to become more involved in the local food movement, among other things. Outside of school, she's a member of the CU Triathlon Team, the CU Women's Rugby Team and a few of her hobbies include reading, writing, hiking and dancing. After graduation, Kate hopes to join the Peace Corps environmental program.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- What your blood type says about you
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun