Kate is a junior at the University of Colorado in Boulder, majoring in English with minors in math and astronomy. Ever since arriving in Boulder, she has become increasingly interested in environmental issues and she believes spreading public awareness of current green concerns is the most important step towards positive, tangible change. Kate volunteers at a local farm called Beyond Organic Farms and hopes to become more involved in the local food movement, among other things. Outside of school, she's a member of the CU Triathlon Team, the CU Women's Rugby Team and a few of her hobbies include reading, writing, hiking and dancing. After graduation, Kate hopes to join the Peace Corps environmental program.
Kate's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- How much do you know about whales? Quiz
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Could you survive being lost in the woods? Quiz
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 all-natural solutions for getting a better night's sleep
- 14 household uses for beer
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- Boost your mood in 5 minutes
- If your fridge dies, should you put frogs in your milk?