Karey graduated in 2006 from Richard Stockton College with her bachelor's degree in biology and several writing awards. She has had several jobs since graduation, including some that focus on restoration and preservation of the Chesapeake Bay. After taking some time off from school to start her career, she is currently working on her master's degree in biology at Towson University. She hopes to create a career that blends public education with animal behavior studies in a zoo setting. In her spare time, Karey enjoys kayaking, reading and spending time with her cat.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- How to hike with your cat
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- Should we make spelling easier?
- How to survive a bear attack