Karey graduated in 2006 from Richard Stockton College with her bachelor's degree in biology and several writing awards. She has had several jobs since graduation, including some that focus on restoration and preservation of the Chesapeake Bay. After taking some time off from school to start her career, she is currently working on her master's degree in biology at Towson University. She hopes to create a career that blends public education with animal behavior studies in a zoo setting. In her spare time, Karey enjoys kayaking, reading and spending time with her cat.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- How to hike with your cat
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared