Kim Hawthorne is a senior in agricultural communications/journalism at the University of Illinois. She writes for her college's news office and has also written for the Green Observer, a student-run environmental newspaper. Kim currently lives in a cooperatively-owned house where she cooks and is served vegan and local meals every day. After graduation, she plans to move to a city and either become an environmental writer or open a vintage store (or both!). In addition to vegetarian cooking and vintage fashion, Kim loves etsy.com, volunteering at the animal shelter and Chicago.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- 59 ways to live a longer life