Kim Hawthorne is a senior in agricultural communications/journalism at the University of Illinois. She writes for her college's news office and has also written for the Green Observer, a student-run environmental newspaper. Kim currently lives in a cooperatively-owned house where she cooks and is served vegan and local meals every day. After graduation, she plans to move to a city and either become an environmental writer or open a vintage store (or both!). In addition to vegetarian cooking and vintage fashion, Kim loves etsy.com, volunteering at the animal shelter and Chicago.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- How one small town became the 'Lavender Capital of North America'
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 12 commands every dog should know
- How fast could you travel across the U.S. in the 1800s?
- What a funky bike can teach us about how we learn