Kim Hawthorne is a senior in agricultural communications/journalism at the University of Illinois. She writes for her college's news office and has also written for the Green Observer, a student-run environmental newspaper. Kim currently lives in a cooperatively-owned house where she cooks and is served vegan and local meals every day. After graduation, she plans to move to a city and either become an environmental writer or open a vintage store (or both!). In addition to vegetarian cooking and vintage fashion, Kim loves etsy.com, volunteering at the animal shelter and Chicago.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Kitten found with frozen paws will make full recovery
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bizarre lamb with human-like face born in Russia
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Photos: Hyper-crowded Hong Kong apartments go up, up, up ...
- The long, strange history of the laugh track
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- In the Sierra Nevada, an off-grid tiny house fit for a modern day mountain man
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't