Kim Hawthorne is a senior in agricultural communications/journalism at the University of Illinois. She writes for her college's news office and has also written for the Green Observer, a student-run environmental newspaper. Kim currently lives in a cooperatively-owned house where she cooks and is served vegan and local meals every day. After graduation, she plans to move to a city and either become an environmental writer or open a vintage store (or both!). In addition to vegetarian cooking and vintage fashion, Kim loves etsy.com, volunteering at the animal shelter and Chicago.
Kim's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What's a Twike? It's half-bike, half-electric car
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 15 of the most toxic places to live: Apocalypse now?
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 15 fascinating facts about Houdini
- 10 natural cough remedies