Kim Hawthorne is a senior in agricultural communications/journalism at the University of Illinois. She writes for her college's news office and has also written for the Green Observer, a student-run environmental newspaper. Kim currently lives in a cooperatively-owned house where she cooks and is served vegan and local meals every day. After graduation, she plans to move to a city and either become an environmental writer or open a vintage store (or both!). In addition to vegetarian cooking and vintage fashion, Kim loves etsy.com, volunteering at the animal shelter and Chicago.
Kim's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Photosynthesis photographed for the first time
- Corgis are taking over the Internet. (And if you have any doubt, watch a couple of these videos) | M
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- Boost your mood in 5 minutes
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Salamander is world's first photosynthetic vertebrate
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Cycling across the country barefoot in search of a simpler life