Nestled between two mountain ranges and alongside the Puget Sound, Kelly's love of wild places and things has grown since relocating to Seattle in 2010. A native Texan, she now resides in the Emerald City with her husband Devin and two dogs. She volunteers with EarthCorps and the Washington Environmental Council and is interested in urban forestry, conservation, natural resource management and sustainability practices. Kelly graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in journalism and works at a communications and public involvement consulting firm. She enjoys snuggling with her pups, reading, attempting DIY projects, drinking local beer and playing co-rec soccer.
Kelly's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Mon, Apr 15 2013 at 01:32 PM
Sun, Mar 24 2013 at 01:57 PM
Sun, Mar 10 2013 at 03:52 PM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your sleep position says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Beautiful moment: 100-year-old woman sees ocean for the first time
- 10 of the world's biggest unsolved mysteries: Go figure
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 10 natural cough remedies
- What is green energy?
- The benefits of quitting smoking and 5 natural ways to kick the habit
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos