Nestled between two mountain ranges and alongside the Puget Sound, Kelly's love of wild places and things has grown since relocating to Seattle in 2010. A native Texan, she now resides in the Emerald City with her husband Devin and two dogs. She volunteers with EarthCorps and the Washington Environmental Council and is interested in urban forestry, conservation, natural resource management and sustainability practices. Kelly graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in journalism and works at a communications and public involvement consulting firm. She enjoys snuggling with her pups, reading, attempting DIY projects, drinking local beer and playing co-rec soccer.
Kelly's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Mon, Apr 15 2013 at 01:32 PM
Sun, Mar 24 2013 at 01:57 PM
Sun, Mar 10 2013 at 03:52 PM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 'Under the Dome' air pollution documentary turns viral sensation
- How to change your life by decluttering
- What is face blindness?
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts