Nestled between two mountain ranges and alongside the Puget Sound, Kelly's love of wild places and things has grown since relocating to Seattle in 2010. A native Texan, she now resides in the Emerald City with her husband Devin and two dogs. She volunteers with EarthCorps and the Washington Environmental Council and is interested in urban forestry, conservation, natural resource management and sustainability practices. Kelly graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in journalism and works at a communications and public involvement consulting firm. She enjoys snuggling with her pups, reading, attempting DIY projects, drinking local beer and playing co-rec soccer.
Kelly's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Mon, Apr 15 2013 at 01:32 PM
Sun, Mar 24 2013 at 01:57 PM
Sun, Mar 10 2013 at 03:52 PM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What is freezing fog?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion