Nestled between two mountain ranges and alongside the Puget Sound, Kelly's love of wild places and things has grown since relocating to Seattle in 2010. A native Texan, she now resides in the Emerald City with her husband Devin and two dogs. She volunteers with EarthCorps and the Washington Environmental Council and is interested in urban forestry, conservation, natural resource management and sustainability practices. Kelly graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in journalism and works at a communications and public involvement consulting firm. She enjoys snuggling with her pups, reading, attempting DIY projects, drinking local beer and playing co-rec soccer.
Kelly's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Mon, Apr 15 2013 at 01:32 PM
Sun, Mar 24 2013 at 01:57 PM
Sun, Mar 10 2013 at 03:52 PM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Watch stately sandhill cranes try to walk on thin ice
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How often should you wash your towels?
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog