Nestled between two mountain ranges and alongside the Puget Sound, Kelly's love of wild places and things has grown since relocating to Seattle in 2010. A native Texan, she now resides in the Emerald City with her husband Devin and two dogs. She volunteers with EarthCorps and the Washington Environmental Council and is interested in urban forestry, conservation, natural resource management and sustainability practices. Kelly graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in journalism and works at a communications and public involvement consulting firm. She enjoys snuggling with her pups, reading, attempting DIY projects, drinking local beer and playing co-rec soccer.
Kelly's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Mon, Apr 15 2013 at 01:32 PM
Sun, Mar 24 2013 at 01:57 PM
Sun, Mar 10 2013 at 03:52 PM
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 obsolete words we should still be using
- Strange and surprising facts about how animals sleep
- Don't toss that overripe avocado! 7 ways to salvage it
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Stars of nostalgic childhood photo series gain a new cast member (and a brother)
- 'Small is Beautiful' casts honest, often heartbreaking light on tiny house movement
- 10 models the car lots can't give away
- More trees than there were 100 years ago? It's true!
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth