Kimberley writes about green architecture, design, arts and culture. Her work has also appeared on Huffington Post, AlterNet, Planet Green, Parentables and Yahoo! Green.
Kimberley has a bachelor of Architecture from Cornell University and is also a certified permaculture designer. Her big "a-ha" sustainability moment came some years ago when she lived and worked as an architect in Auroville, a South Indian intentional community striving for environmental, social and economic sustainability. It was an eye-opening experience into how a diverse, "human-scaled" experimental town could be conceived, executed and engaged with differently.
Kimberley has also worked in conventional and sustainable design firms in New York City, Toronto and India, on projects ranging from residential high-rises, storm-resistant homes to compressed earth block structures.
Originally from Toronto, Canada, Kimberley now resides in Montreal, Quebec. Check out Kimberley's website.
Kimberly 's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Kimberly 's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
Comments appear on this page within an hour of being posted.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Can you identify these famous buildings? MNN quiz
- 36 random animal facts that may surprise you
- Taku-Tanku: Tow this tiny portable home with a bike
- Cancer symptoms you shouldn't ignore
- Why we should have little altars everywhere
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Do you know what your dreams mean?
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- 26 random acts of kindness to try today