Kimberley writes about green architecture, design, arts and culture. Her work has also appeared on Huffington Post, AlterNet, Planet Green, Parentables and Yahoo! Green.
Kimberley has a bachelor of Architecture from Cornell University and is also a certified permaculture designer. Her big "a-ha" sustainability moment came some years ago when she lived and worked as an architect in Auroville, a South Indian intentional community striving for environmental, social and economic sustainability. It was an eye-opening experience into how a diverse, "human-scaled" experimental town could be conceived, executed and engaged with differently.
Kimberley has also worked in conventional and sustainable design firms in New York City, Toronto and India, on projects ranging from residential high-rises, storm-resistant homes to compressed earth block structures.
Originally from Toronto, Canada, Kimberley now resides in Montreal, Quebec. Check out Kimberley's website.
Kimberly 's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Kimberly 's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
Comments appear on this page within an hour of being posted.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 fascinating facts about Houdini
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- 7 cheap and easy vegetarian meals
- Uncannily simple: Food preservation for mere mortals
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why do people look like their pets? It's in the eyes.
- 8 videos that prove we're not the only ones who snore
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth