Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Katie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
Comments appear on this page within an hour of being posted.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Take a classic road trip on America's longest highway
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 10 natural remedies using honey
- Older than your grandma - Animals with the longest life spans
- Pangolins may be eaten to extinction
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Who says heroes have to be human? U.S. trees save more than 850 lives a year
- 6 exercises for building muscle without equipment