Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- What is deism?
- Is this the flag of planet Earth we'll plant on Mars?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 indelible images from the Refugio oil spill
- 11 minimalist nature photos that will leave you speechless
- Soon we will wallpaper our walls with OLED TVs
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects