Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 5 facts about Cinco de Mayo
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How millennials are influencing restaurant design
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Underwater volcano may be erupting off Oregon
- 'Small is Beautiful' casts honest, often heartbreaking light on tiny house movement
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Kids who grow up with dogs and cats are more emotionally intelligent and compassionate