Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- How to fix 7 hardwood floor problems