Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 18 perfect snowflakes [Photos]
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- World's deepest fish discovered 5 miles under the ocean surface
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- What are the hardest languages to learn?