Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Katie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
Comments appear on this page within an hour of being posted.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Could you survive being lost in the woods? Quiz
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- Drone films dozens of wild dolphins surfing together
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Pharrell's 'Happy' is even happier in sign language
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?