Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 5 surprisingly decadent no-refined-sugar dessert recipes
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- 5 single-serve items to purge from your life
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 5 mind-bending facts about dreams