Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- How to hike with your cat
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- What is freezing fog?
- What your blood type says about you