Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion