Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- What are the hardest languages to learn?