Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Extraordinary images from Iceland, a place of fire and ice
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- 10 ways to get 10 minutes of exercise
- Wildlife thrives in 'the most dangerous place on Earth'
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 natural cough remedies