Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
Katie's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
Comments appear on this page within an hour of being posted.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Plastic 'trash islands' forming in ocean garbage patch
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 8 relationship myths that might surprise you
- 11 islands with amazing biodiversity
- 13 natural ways to deal with spiders
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- With Lifelines, photographer shines a light on homeless folks and their pets