Katie Panek is an environmental advocate. She graduated from Dickinson College in 2011 with a B.A. in Environmental Studies, then biked cross-country with two other women in order to teach youth about healthy eating and local food systems. She worked in southern Chile as a cartographer for an ecotourism company and has a deep-rooted admiration and love of Latin American culture. Currently in her native Massachusetts, she is involved in local farming and agriculture initiatives. In the future she plans to continue her education by obtaining a masters degree or Ph.D at the intersection of environmental conservation and land rights.
Katie's MOST RECENT CONTENT
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 ways graphene could change the world
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Why a former NFL star gave up football to become a farmer
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]