Kristin, who is currently a senior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest for environmentalism and promoting environmental sustainability. As an avid student researcher at Stony Brook University, Kristin has gained hands-on experience in the field of environmental management by creating novel electrospun membranes to achieve high-performance water filtration. Through numerous presentations of her research to various audiences, Kristin has successfully raised awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and conserving resources as a result of the global water crisis. Her extensive and groundbreaking research on cost-efficient water filtration processes has also been published in a nationally acclaimed academic journal. Due to her commitment to promoting environmentalism and conservatism, Kristin has continued her water pollution-related research at Stony Brook University in the summer of 2012, and has engineered an eco-friendly, cost-efficient adsorbent that could potentially revolutionize oil spill remediation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Internet emits collective 'aww' for this cat's unique face
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Kimchi: Recipe