Kristin, who is currently a senior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest for environmentalism and promoting environmental sustainability. As an avid student researcher at Stony Brook University, Kristin has gained hands-on experience in the field of environmental management by creating novel electrospun membranes to achieve high-performance water filtration. Through numerous presentations of her research to various audiences, Kristin has successfully raised awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and conserving resources as a result of the global water crisis. Her extensive and groundbreaking research on cost-efficient water filtration processes has also been published in a nationally acclaimed academic journal. Due to her commitment to promoting environmentalism and conservatism, Kristin has continued her water pollution-related research at Stony Brook University in the summer of 2012, and has engineered an eco-friendly, cost-efficient adsorbent that could potentially revolutionize oil spill remediation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- The science behind the extraordinary vision of owls
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- Fireflies turn dusk to disco in dazzling time-lapse video
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth