Kristin, who is currently a senior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest for environmentalism and promoting environmental sustainability. As an avid student researcher at Stony Brook University, Kristin has gained hands-on experience in the field of environmental management by creating novel electrospun membranes to achieve high-performance water filtration. Through numerous presentations of her research to various audiences, Kristin has successfully raised awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and conserving resources as a result of the global water crisis. Her extensive and groundbreaking research on cost-efficient water filtration processes has also been published in a nationally acclaimed academic journal. Due to her commitment to promoting environmentalism and conservatism, Kristin has continued her water pollution-related research at Stony Brook University in the summer of 2012, and has engineered an eco-friendly, cost-efficient adsorbent that could potentially revolutionize oil spill remediation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Quiz: Name these fruits and veggies