Kristin, who is currently a senior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest for environmentalism and promoting environmental sustainability. As an avid student researcher at Stony Brook University, Kristin has gained hands-on experience in the field of environmental management by creating novel electrospun membranes to achieve high-performance water filtration. Through numerous presentations of her research to various audiences, Kristin has successfully raised awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and conserving resources as a result of the global water crisis. Her extensive and groundbreaking research on cost-efficient water filtration processes has also been published in a nationally acclaimed academic journal. Due to her commitment to promoting environmentalism and conservatism, Kristin has continued her water pollution-related research at Stony Brook University in the summer of 2012, and has engineered an eco-friendly, cost-efficient adsorbent that could potentially revolutionize oil spill remediation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 indelible images from the Refugio oil spill
- Is this the flag of planet Earth we'll plant on Mars?
- What is deism?
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why reading fiction makes you a better person