Kristin, who is currently a senior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest for environmentalism and promoting environmental sustainability. As an avid student researcher at Stony Brook University, Kristin has gained hands-on experience in the field of environmental management by creating novel electrospun membranes to achieve high-performance water filtration. Through numerous presentations of her research to various audiences, Kristin has successfully raised awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and conserving resources as a result of the global water crisis. Her extensive and groundbreaking research on cost-efficient water filtration processes has also been published in a nationally acclaimed academic journal. Due to her commitment to promoting environmentalism and conservatism, Kristin has continued her water pollution-related research at Stony Brook University in the summer of 2012, and has engineered an eco-friendly, cost-efficient adsorbent that could potentially revolutionize oil spill remediation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- When is the best time to buy airplane tickets?
- Bizarre-looking angler fish caught on video for first time
- How to get your child to take a nap
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- The ultimate sweet potato recipe roundup
- 18 foods that fight common ailments
- 6 food companies embracing the art of storytelling
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra