Kristin, who is currently a senior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest for environmentalism and promoting environmental sustainability. As an avid student researcher at Stony Brook University, Kristin has gained hands-on experience in the field of environmental management by creating novel electrospun membranes to achieve high-performance water filtration. Through numerous presentations of her research to various audiences, Kristin has successfully raised awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and conserving resources as a result of the global water crisis. Her extensive and groundbreaking research on cost-efficient water filtration processes has also been published in a nationally acclaimed academic journal. Due to her commitment to promoting environmentalism and conservatism, Kristin has continued her water pollution-related research at Stony Brook University in the summer of 2012, and has engineered an eco-friendly, cost-efficient adsorbent that could potentially revolutionize oil spill remediation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Elephant mother and calf reunite after 3 years apart
- Marmot photobombs time-lapse video, licks camera
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- 17 surprisingly real animals
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore