Kristin, who is currently a senior at Jericho High School, has developed a strong interest for environmentalism and promoting environmental sustainability. As an avid student researcher at Stony Brook University, Kristin has gained hands-on experience in the field of environmental management by creating novel electrospun membranes to achieve high-performance water filtration. Through numerous presentations of her research to various audiences, Kristin has successfully raised awareness of the importance of protecting the environment and conserving resources as a result of the global water crisis. Her extensive and groundbreaking research on cost-efficient water filtration processes has also been published in a nationally acclaimed academic journal. Due to her commitment to promoting environmentalism and conservatism, Kristin has continued her water pollution-related research at Stony Brook University in the summer of 2012, and has engineered an eco-friendly, cost-efficient adsorbent that could potentially revolutionize oil spill remediation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What's the deal with cats and windows?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid