Kristina Sandi is a graduate of West Virginia University where she studied anthropology/sociology and ecotourism. She believes that by traveling responsibly, we can see the world without negatively impacting the environment and communities that we visit. She feels that tourism can become a platform on which we can present ideas of environmental conservation and appreciation. Kristina recently left West Virginia for Salt Lake City, Utah, in order to enjoy the region's famously snowy winters and beautiful scenery. She plans to continue the study of sustainability and eco-travel, in the Wasatch Mountains, that she began in Appalachia. She hopes that through her travels and writing, she can teach the people around her to love and appreciate the natural environment as much as she does.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 'Super-termites' emerge from hybrid swarms in Florida
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Newborn leopard cub can't keep his eyes open
- How to master the art of flower photography
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades