Kristina Sandi is a graduate of West Virginia University where she studied anthropology/sociology and ecotourism. She believes that by traveling responsibly, we can see the world without negatively impacting the environment and communities that we visit. She feels that tourism can become a platform on which we can present ideas of environmental conservation and appreciation. Kristina recently left West Virginia for Salt Lake City, Utah, in order to enjoy the region's famously snowy winters and beautiful scenery. She plans to continue the study of sustainability and eco-travel, in the Wasatch Mountains, that she began in Appalachia. She hopes that through her travels and writing, she can teach the people around her to love and appreciate the natural environment as much as she does.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want
- When are you supposed to tip?
- Why is my cat peeing outside the litter box?
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- The diet Whoopi Goldberg embraced to lose 35 pounds
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign