Kristina Sandi is a graduate of West Virginia University where she studied anthropology/sociology and ecotourism. She believes that by traveling responsibly, we can see the world without negatively impacting the environment and communities that we visit. She feels that tourism can become a platform on which we can present ideas of environmental conservation and appreciation. Kristina recently left West Virginia for Salt Lake City, Utah, in order to enjoy the region's famously snowy winters and beautiful scenery. She plans to continue the study of sustainability and eco-travel, in the Wasatch Mountains, that she began in Appalachia. She hopes that through her travels and writing, she can teach the people around her to love and appreciate the natural environment as much as she does.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 foods you can fry an egg in
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- How to make overnight oats
- What your blood type says about you
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth