Kristina Sandi is a graduate of West Virginia University where she studied anthropology/sociology and ecotourism. She believes that by traveling responsibly, we can see the world without negatively impacting the environment and communities that we visit. She feels that tourism can become a platform on which we can present ideas of environmental conservation and appreciation. Kristina recently left West Virginia for Salt Lake City, Utah, in order to enjoy the region's famously snowy winters and beautiful scenery. She plans to continue the study of sustainability and eco-travel, in the Wasatch Mountains, that she began in Appalachia. She hopes that through her travels and writing, she can teach the people around her to love and appreciate the natural environment as much as she does.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 12 tips for kicking the refined sugar habit
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet