Kristina Sandi is a graduate of West Virginia University where she studied anthropology/sociology and ecotourism. She believes that by traveling responsibly, we can see the world without negatively impacting the environment and communities that we visit. She feels that tourism can become a platform on which we can present ideas of environmental conservation and appreciation. Kristina recently left West Virginia for Salt Lake City, Utah, in order to enjoy the region's famously snowy winters and beautiful scenery. She plans to continue the study of sustainability and eco-travel, in the Wasatch Mountains, that she began in Appalachia. She hopes that through her travels and writing, she can teach the people around her to love and appreciate the natural environment as much as she does.
Kristina's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- 15 uses for olive oil outside the kitchen
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- Pharrell's 'Happy' is even happier in sign language
- Could a mummy's curse be causing earthquakes and floods in Siberia?
- The seven stones of simpler living
- What are blood diamonds?
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws