Kristina Sandi is a graduate of West Virginia University where she studied anthropology/sociology and ecotourism. She believes that by traveling responsibly, we can see the world without negatively impacting the environment and communities that we visit. She feels that tourism can become a platform on which we can present ideas of environmental conservation and appreciation. Kristina recently left West Virginia for Salt Lake City, Utah, in order to enjoy the region's famously snowy winters and beautiful scenery. She plans to continue the study of sustainability and eco-travel, in the Wasatch Mountains, that she began in Appalachia. She hopes that through her travels and writing, she can teach the people around her to love and appreciate the natural environment as much as she does.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 20 things you didn't know about zebras
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 59 ways to live a longer life