Kristina Sandi is a graduate of West Virginia University where she studied anthropology/sociology and ecotourism. She believes that by traveling responsibly, we can see the world without negatively impacting the environment and communities that we visit. She feels that tourism can become a platform on which we can present ideas of environmental conservation and appreciation. Kristina recently left West Virginia for Salt Lake City, Utah, in order to enjoy the region's famously snowy winters and beautiful scenery. She plans to continue the study of sustainability and eco-travel, in the Wasatch Mountains, that she began in Appalachia. She hopes that through her travels and writing, she can teach the people around her to love and appreciate the natural environment as much as she does.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- Can you match the footprints to the animal? MNN quiz
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Why is my cat peeing outside the litter box?
- Dog-friendly beaches: Coastal canines
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want